Friday, December 01, 2006

saving the world one snowflake at a time

i know it's december because today my socks slid down into my shoes, reminding me of the winter days in elementary school that i would forget to pack my tennis shoes and have to wear my sorel boots all day.

i know it's december, and cold in december, not only because i listened to regina spektor's song december and matt costa's song cold december this morning, but because the weatherperson on the radio had to distinguish the fact that the temperature was nine degrees above zero, opposed to nine degrees below zero. this would be in degrees Fahrenheit, for those of you metric system conformists of Other Countries.

i know it's december because today is world AIDS day. who's excited for human right's day on december 10? and festivus?

i know it's going to be a long december and there's reason to believe maybe this year will be better than the last, but this past year was pretty spectacular, and if there's reason to believe maybe this next year will be better than the last, then i'll believe whatever the counting crows tell me to believe... unless it's contradictory with a Beatles song.

11 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

hey jodi :)

first of all . . . sorel boots are awesome

second . . . me love december

third . . . that’s it

sushi

1:48 PM  
Blogger Tigerblue said...

Ahhh! December. My favorite month as a kid with all the vacation time from school.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Kai said...

It's currently 70 degrees here at 5:54pm.

Yeah, it's not supposed to be that warm.
.. it's supposed to be winter. Hmmm...

Hope you were bundled up today - we all drank iced coffee this morning. Weird.

:-)

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it is December! And it is cold here but we have no snow, unlike the rest of the Midwest. Wassup with that????

Not that I'm complaining....

I saw some beautiful Xmas lights on my drive back from Minneapolis this week.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the other night we hit 20....and for a desert rat...thats freakin ridiculous!!!! we are cold here. but i am NOT complaining...due to the fact im not on the east coast and dont have to deal with snow. (thank goodness) I just have to say that im cold. the end.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Janie U Ignorant Slut said...

don't tell jodi you are cold... she will go all fargo on your ass!

12:41 PM  
Blogger MC said...

yes, festivus is soon! I need to bring my pole up from the basement.

Now I feel like I cannot complain. 20 id Cali, and 9 up there. man. that's cold.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gday jodi...the writing takes me back to my primary school days....keep warm kelkians...Ag

12:08 AM  
Blogger Eve said...

Metric system conformists? Hehe

9:08 AM  
Blogger Edilma said...

I like December because i get to eat tons of delicious food!...yes i'm a simple person.

BESOS!...to keep you warm

7:06 AM  
Blogger Edilma said...

New post por favor.

Hola.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home