Sunday, October 01, 2006

happy october

Happy October 1, World Vegetarian Day, Fire Pup Day, National Custodial Worker Day, International Day of Older Persons, Farm Animals Day, and Intergeneration Day.

the mutual exclusivity of these 'official' propositional holidays collectively exhausts me.

okay that's all.

except-
in the first (aka: real) movie adaptation ofRoald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the unprecedented tour of the chocolate factory occured on October 1. candy is dandy but liquor is quicker... save some room for later agustus!

and-
on this day in the magnificent year of 1982 EPCOT opened. come on everybody, let's mousercise.

oh-
happy birthday julie andrews, marry poppins, fraulein maria von trapp, dr. sarah louise sherman, millie dillmount, victoria, and queen clarisse renaldi. so long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen... gretl, get your finger out of friedrich's teeth and put on your drape-dress.

i heart october,
it smells crisp.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jodi...you exhaust me.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart October too!!

October is the month for both of my sisters' birthdays. And we all pig out on candy at the end of the month.

I'll eat some tofu today for Vegetarian Day.

7:41 AM  
Blogger s:onthego said...

well i like october since it's the month before my birthday, plus is my sisters birthday. And the cold weather starts, which i love, so yeah i like it.

//s

9:30 AM  
Blogger GreyLibra said...

As much as I love Victor/Victoria, I just don't think Julie Andrews is convincing as a man. She should stick to frauleining.

Happy October! (aka the best month ever)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Kai said...

I LOVE Julie Andrews!!!!! LOVE HER!

I actually got to see her in the Broadway performance of Victor/Victoria. She was basically in every scene and did an outstanding job! I was so excited to see her in the show! Good times!

Happy October!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Kai said...

I wish I got paid millions of dollars to play HOT POTATO!

Generally I'd only get some stupid plastic toy.

10:07 PM  
Blogger mynamehere said...

October ...

A great excuse to party on Tuesday night. Especially when you've got class early the next morning. Hopefully not a midterm. You've gotta love Halloween.

That last birthday paragraph reminds me of Princess Diaries. Weird, huh?

Happy October :)

11:15 PM  
Blogger PeanutButterWolf said...

i love october as well.
it's my third favorite month.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doe, a deer, a female deer...

I am so gonna re-watch Sound of Music this weekend now.

I heart October too.

*breathes in*

Oh wait, it's not cold yet over here. Darn.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like watching sweet amazing things please watch Journey of Man by Cirque du Soleil, it's soooo beautiful. That's how strong love holds my love.

Baby

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home