Saturday, September 09, 2006

9 bear hugs

ah, good morning september 9, a wonderful day filled with two of my favorite things: mathematics and teddy bears.

not only does 9+9=18, but 9 x 9 =81, both equaling 9. how fun! actually, if you multiply 9 by any whole number greater than zero and repeatedly add the digits of the answer until it is just one digit, you'll get 9.

for example, if you take my phone number, 867-5309 x 9, you get 78,077,781. from there, 7+8+0+7+7+7+8+1 = 45. and finally, 4+5 = 9. bam. PERMDAS if necessary, and don't forget to FOIL. now, if only there were still 9 planets, life would be complete.

in unrelated news, it's teddy bear day! i have a few things to say about this:
-what rhymes with original sin? Teddy Ruxpin.
-my favorite teddy bear? corduroy.
-my childhood: the teddy bear band.
-thank you former presidente theo for your contribution to huggable goodness.
-today give 1,000,000,000 bear hugs, because there are 9 zeros in one billion. or 9 will suffice.
-this evening, go on a teddy bears' picnic, and make yourself a Teddybear: a shot of vodka and bailey's irish cream.

have a novenary nonagonic teddyfabulous hugging day.

9 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

hehe

i gave my lil steiff already 17.856 hugs, cleaned his button and had some good sushi with cuddles

hmhmm . . . cuddles needs some more company though so he can have a huge party. . . i guess i`ll try and make my self some more teddies . . . sounds like they are really awesome ones

tschüße jodi

p.s.: makes 111.109.127 for the other 9 teddies . . . lot of work *my arms gone be sore*

p.s.s.: your teddy bear is your best friend. he loves you as you are.
he’ll never tell you what to wear, or say "you've gone too far!"
on days you feel that nothing's right, and you'd like to "kick the cat,"
just tell it to your teddy bear: sit down and have a chat.

4:50 AM  
Blogger amy said...

why am i only hugging teddies *wonders*
. . . am i that lonely and pathetic . . . need some volunteers

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, don't feel bad. I have two Teddy Bears in my office on campus, and yesterday I hugged one of my Teddy Bears. He is sooooo cushy!

Hola to Jodi, and to Amy's bear!

7:51 AM  
Blogger green said...

green loves new jodi posts.

on the subject of teddy bears, i would like to add that i've been to Build-A-Bear at least 20 different times to make 4 different bears and buy holiday/seasonal accessories.

and i would go today if i didn't have prior obligations (screaming at my tv and drinkning beer).

xxx,
green

p.s. teddy ruxpin gave me the creeps! he was right up there with kid sister and my buddy on the scary scale.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Kai said...

I love my teddy bears!!!! I have way too many, but still! They're great and I also hug my 'favorite' bear, who has been with me for about 12 years, all the time.

Oooh Green - I need to go to the Build A Bear store! YAY! Good idea!!!!

Have a great weekend, J.2!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jodi, love the post. i always enjoy random ass jodi thoughts. My teddy bear left me temporarily. she will be back. as far as shammy goes....hes a cool green teddy bear that my mommy gave me a while back. gotta love how soft he is. *sigh* .....and to all the other teddy bears that have come and gone before him....*moment for rememberance) miss them all.

hasta.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Uta Refson said...

To all the bears I've loved before......
The ones that have been in and out my door........
Ah Jod! - what a wonderful day indeed! I'm hugging my dear Eddie right now. He thanks you!
The math made my head hurt so instead of a picnic my teddy & I are going to have a nice lie down and maybe snuggle a bit.
Cheers on that shot! YUM!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Tigerblue said...

A math post!!!!!! Brilliant!!!!! Yippeee. I love math.

Never had a teddy bear. I'll go to the Build a Bear place and create something cuddleable. Is that a word....cuddleable?????

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a hug from teddybear... Jack I'm planeteer's teddybear. nim nim nim

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home